Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Its My Hair Tag!!!!

Hello Loves,

So I saw this tag on youtube and decided to answer the questions. It seems fun, as well as a way for you guys to get to know me/my hair a bit better. Weirdly, this actually forces me to know my hair better too! LOL. Anyways, I made a video down below for this post for those who would rather listen than read. :)

1. Why did you start your hair journey ?
I have always loved all things hair since I was a baby, but I could never grow my hair past shoulder length. I was of the belief that very long hair was only possible for African American and mixed girls until I came across a post on Bella Naija, where a full blooded Nigerian girl had mid back length hair and was shocked. I decided to go through her blog, where I discovered lots of new information about how to care for your hair, and how not to handle your hair. I became a youtube addict and started researching all things relaxed, hair growth and the likes, and there your have it, my hair journey was born.

2. How long have you been on your hair journey ?
I have been on my hair journey for about a year and 10 months? Nearly 2 years.

3. Are you natural, relaxed or transitioning ?
I am recently natural.

4. What is your hair length now ?
I have a little more than a TWA. I'd say stretched, my hair is at about NL or less

5. What is your goal length ?
Short term, armpit length. Long term, Bra strap to Mid Back length.

6. What is your hair texture ?
My hair is a mixture of 4b and 4c, with mostly 4c.

7. Health or Length ?
I would definitely have to say health. Without health you won't have length.

8. If you could only live with one hair product what would it be ?
This is a hard question but I would say Jane Carter nourish and shine.

9. What's the worse product you've ever used ?
ALOEVERA JUICE!!! Made my hair so brittle!!

10. What is your go to hair style ?
Since big chop, I would say a braid out/ twist out. But my hair stays under a wig for most of the week. Before while transitioning, I loved my buns.

11. Are you a product junkie ?
Ehhh... Maybe ? Yes ? Yeah, I am. But I do have some staple products.

12. How often do you trim your ends ?
I try to trim as needed. about 2 times a year.

13. How often do you use heat ?
I hardly use heat! Last time I straightened my hair was in April of last year I believe, and that was the only time in 2014. While I was transitioning, I used a hair dryer, but always on cool air.

14. Do you take supplements ?
Yes, I currently take the manetabolism hair vitamins

15. Favorite Oil ?
I am in love with grapeseed oil, argan oil and Jamaican black castor oil, and I recently discovered jojoba oil.

16. Who is your hair crush ?
I have a couple of them. Lulu of Pure Estrogen, Mstanish1, Jenn from jemy1415, and Chizi Duru, just to name a few.

17. How long does it take you on wash day ?
Too long. I would say about 5 hours. But this included product applications, waiting time, and a bit of down time here and there cause I get tired and lazy sometimes. Pre-poo, wash, deep condition, styling....

18. Worse thing that ever happened to your hair ?
Seeing some chunks fall while washing off my relaxer. I cried!!!

19. Do you dye your hair if so what color ?
No

20. Who do you tag ?
I tag everyone and anyone that wants to do this tag!!

And thats it guys!! Heres the video, go check it out and please, like, share and subscribe!!



Love,
Dumsy

No comments:

Post a Comment