Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year, New Products!!!!


Hello loves,

Happy New Year once again!! I hope you all are looking forward to it cause I am. I feel like this year is going to be very good and I just pray that God sees us through this year, I pray that He helps lay the path for us to be able to accomplish all we set out to accomplish. 

I personally have a few goals I would like to accomplish this year. Everything from my health and hair, to my career, to my personal life and relationship. With regards to my hair goals, it is real simple. I would like to retain 6 healthy inches this year. To do that, I plan on incorporating some new steps and products into my regime, while sticking with old ones that work. All in all, I will be doing what best for my hair by keeping manipulation to the barest minimum!

I bought two new products that I am excited to try out:






1) The Mane Choice Green Tea and Carrot Deep Conditioning Mask: This was one of the products I purchased this product during the wonderful thanksgiving sale. I am really excited to try it out as I am a big fan of the company. I have used their hair vitamins in the past and experienced nothing but good results, so I do have high hopes about this product.

It is designed to: "penetrate the hair shaft like you’ve never seen before. Enriched with biotin, green tea, and carrot oil this product will immediately begin to repair damage and restore dried out strands.
It doesn’t take much of this concentrated conditioner to rescue and restore your mane. This product has been specially formulated to promote growth and retention, and to fight shedding and breakage, and to ultimately give you the healthy luscious hair you have always dreamed of."

It contains: Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Biotin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Avocado Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Honey Extract, Silk Amino Acid, Green Tea Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Limmnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oil (Refined). Essential Oil: Grapefruit, Lavender.

I feel: that although my hair is not damaged, I am open to and happy for anything that is designed to "restore dried out strands" because as I have mentioned in the past, my hair is low porosity and any moisture aiding product is welcomed. Promote growth and retention, check and check. Hello to my exact hair goal!!!! The ingredients seem okay too, mostly good but my only fear is the aloe juice which is the first ingredient!! I have not had very good experiences with it, but I am still excited about this! No worries, I will be giving a review as soon as I start using it.


2) As I Am Coconut Cowash: I started off using coconut oil at the very beginning of my healthy hair journey, but then I quickly realised it didn't work for my hair, well until I discovered the best way to use it, as a pre-poo with a conditioner (Naptural85's method). So when I heard about this product, I figured it is a two in one, or even more so cause it also cleanses. Remember I once spoke about co washing and its benefits? and how I want to start trying it out again. Well I hope this product doesn't leave my hair limp like in the past when I co washed with ORS replenishing conditioner.

It is designed to: "gently remove residue including all of the things you've used to style and maintain your coils and curls. This cowash is different from any other because it contains a special blend of natural ingredients that work to promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level. It spreads easily throughout hair, gently cleanses hair and scalp, maintains moisture, adds more moisture and helps hair retain moisture until your next cleanse, makes detangling a breeze, rinses easily from hair, helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth and it is gentle enough for daily use and safe for color-treated hair.

It contains: Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone.

I feel: this will really come in handy now as I am in braids. It will work perfectly as a two in one and would help avoid the extra steps and therefore cut down time. However, I cannot wait to use it on my real hair. Helps maintains moisture, adds more moisture and helps hair retain moisture? Check, check and another check. Helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth! Yes please!!!. As usual, I'll give updated on how it works both with the braids and without.

So thats it, those are the new products I will be using this year. Knowing me, I'll probably purchase more throughout the year, but I really hope I can keep my junkiness to a minimum.

Tell me, what new products have you purchased for this year? Or what do you have an eye on? Lets discuss in the comments.

Love,
Dumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment