Saturday, January 24, 2015
HAIR TIPS: Benefits of Tea Rinses!
So remember when I did the tea rinse while I was in braids? My main reason was to help reduce shedding, but there are many more benefits of tea rinses depending on the different types of teas. I highlight the benefits I have researched and how to do a tea rinse.
You can easily make a tea rinse at home by steeping 3-4 bags of tea-black or green or both- in half a liter of hot water. This should be steeped for as long as possible, perhaps 3-4hours. If in a hurry, I advise you as least wait till the water is cool enough. It is best to use this water as the last rinse after you have shampooed, and before you deep condition your hair.
1) Research shows that the caffeine helps curb the growth of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), which is known to hinder hair growth and cause hair fall(shedding) (Green and Black tea).
2) Helps prevent and cure common hair problems such as dandruff and psoriasis by reducing the inflammation due to its antiseptic properties (Green tea).
3) Helps stimulate hair growth and soften the hair. (Green and Black tea).
4) A good source of Vitamin E and Vitamin C which boosts lustrous hair, and panthenol which is sometimes used in shampoos/conditioners to strengthen hair (Green tea).
5) Darkens hair colour (Black tea).
Any other benefits you know, share with us in the comments below!